First Annual Toy Drive for the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation @MBDTYYC
The Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation’s mission is to inspire our community to invest in excellence in child health, research and family centred care. We are hoping you will help us support this wonderful organization by donating new, unwrapped toys and books. Our goal is to
completely fill 2 vehicles with items we will donate to the foundation by December 19, 2019.
Donation Guidelines – Due to the hospital’s infection control guidelines and space constraints only certain items can
be accepted. Please understand that for reasons of safety and privacy donors can not hand out gifts personally to patients. All items must be new, unwrapped and:
– come from a smoke-free, pet-free environment
– be free of corporate branding and personal messaging
– be sturdy, well-built, non-breakable and able to withstand a lot of use
– be safe (no sharp edges, no small pieces for infant and toddler toys, and must be made of non-toxic materials)
– be easy to disinfect (should have hard surfaces like plastic, vinyl, varnished/painted wood, metal)
– be non-aggressive (no toy weapons, no violent action figures)
Please note we are unable to accept:
– used or previously owned items
– stuffed toys taller than 18 inches
– toy kitchens and playsets or large rideable cars and trucks
– food products, dietary supplements or beverages
– large quantities of the same item (20+)
– homemade cards and personal notes
For a complete list of items accepted by the Foundation, please visit http://www.childrenshospital.ab.ca
Please consider helping us support The Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation this season. We will begin filling the vehicles as soon as the first item is dropped off.
Thank you from our entire team at Mercedes-Benz Downtown Calgary.