By Mike Edgar – May 9 2017
One of the most common questions we receive in our Service Department is regarding what options our customers have when their Mercedes-Benz Manufacturer warranty is expiring or has expired.
The easiest and very common solution would be to trade your vehicle in at our dealership (see a list of our currenty inventory). There are many benefits to trading your Mercedes-Benz into our dealership, including any of the following, loyalty programs & benefits, none of the hassle of listing your vehicle and trying to sell it privately, very fair and open evaluation process, and not to mention driving away in brand new Mercedes-Benz with a full warranty. We recommend before you decide on purchasing an extended warranty or selling your vehicle privately that you come in and speak with one of our Mercedes-Benz Sales Professionals, our Customer Experience Manager or a Finance & Insurance Manager to get a thorough understanding of all the available options for you.
Some of the benefits of the Mercedes-Benz Extended Limited Warranty program include:
- Increased Resale or Trade-In value
- The warranty is underwritten directly by Mercedes-Benz Canada and not a 3rd party company
- Continued service by an approved and Factory trained Mercedes-Benz technician
FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q. When may I purchase the Mercedes-Benz Extended Limited Warranty? A. You may purchase the extended warranty any time along the vehicles New Vehicle Basic Warranty period of 48 months or 80,000 kilometre period (whichever expires first), as long as your vehicle was purchased from an authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer and regularly maintained at an Authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer.
- Q. How much additional coverage is available? A. You may add an additional 24 months, up to 160,000 kilometres of coverage, which begins at the point where your additional warranty coverage expires at 48 months or 80,000 kilometres. A 12 month add-on to the 24 month coverage can bring you up to 36 months for powertrain warranty.
- Q. Does this affect the resale or trade-in value of my vehicle? A. If you decide to sell or trade-in your Mercedes-Benz with us during this period, and extended limited warranty can help retain and increase its resale value, and it is transferrable to the next owner.
- Q. Is this available only on New Mercedes-Benz Vehicles? A. You may purchase and extended warranty on our New and Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Mercedes-Benz Vehicles as long as they are within the original Manufacturer warranty coverage.
Our Extended Warranty Video on our YouTube Channel – Watch Video